Princess Lula-Belle Ray Stutts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One of those days...

Today has been a bad terrible day! To start off, Derek's tux did not come in! It was supposed to have been in yesterday. I was told today that I needed to call tomorrow sometime!!! That's STRIKE 1!!!!!!!!!!

Then I had Seth's daily meds called in to the pharmacy. He gets his first two meds on the 2nd of each month. Today is the 6th. (yes, I realize that I'm a few days behind..story of my life!) He gets his newest med on the 18th. So..when I get to the pharmacy this afternoon, they inform me that the meds hadn't been called in. I call the doctor, and the receptionist said that there was a note on his records saying that all three meds were called in on March 18th, so he couldn't have his meds until April 18th. I was FURIOUS!!!!! She told me that she would call the pharmacy and see what was going on. Turns out, I'm NOT STUPID- GO FIGURE!! I went back out and got his meds!!  STRIKE 2!

For those of you that don't know our story, Seth has Aspergers Syndrome. It is a MILD form of Autism. Thankfully, he is as close to "normal" as he can possibly be. He just has a little trouble in school. He is an EXCELLENT speller, but is a poor tester. He just gets nervous and messes up! Anyhoo, when he got in the car today, he informed me that the kids that scored proficient or advanced on last years Benchmark were being treated to a party. He scored BASIC, so he isn't included. NOW..that isn't really what bothered me. We have never told him that he was any "different"..we always praise him for  a job well done. We always tell him how smart he is..but today, he said to me, "Somethings just wrong with me. I tried to do good!"...talk about sick. I could have vomited right there. I felt as if I'd been hit in the stomach. My heart instantly broke for him. I then told him, "Bub, there is nothing wrong with you. You are very smart! It will be okay..Mommy will keep you home from school on the day of the party." He was fine with that and got over it pretty quickly. Keep in mind, he isn't the only one that isn't attending the little party. And like I said, that doesn't bother me as much as the way that he feels about himself. He also has wonderful teachers that keep me informed and help him as much as possible!
Never in my life did I think I would have a "special needs" child. Chas and I were both really good in school. We never had any problems. Derek and Lan don't have problems either. When Seth was first diagnosed, he was 5 years old. It took me forever to accept it. I'm not sure that I have accepted it yet! I just know that to me, he is the SMARTEST kid I know! He loves Wikipedia, his guitar, his basketball, the Beatles, and his mama!
So..officially, I haven't reached STRIKE 3 today. Praying it doesn't come to that point!

Just look at this handsome little man..

No comments:

Post a Comment