Princess Lula-Belle Ray Stutts

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Your blessings outnumber your troubles- EVERY TIME!!

As bad as I hate to admit it, I have been focusing more on the negative than the positive. This past week has been total chaos. So many things seemed to go wrong- more than I'd like to talk about. After lastnite, I was so stressed that I just decided that I wasn't going to church today..AND I DIDN'T!
It seems that when you try to live for God, that things hit you so hard. I really enjoy church..I enjoy the fact that my kids enjoy it. But, it's so much easier to just stay home. There is always something that you need to do at home.
I have a point to make, but let me take you back a few months.
In late February, early March, our central heat & air unit went out. It just DIED! Luckily, it wasn't cold..we were able to stay warm. We have been discussing the fact that we needed to make arrangements to purchase a new unit. Now..we are by no means rich. We do live a comfortable life, but lets face the facts..Danny is the only one that brings in income and we have three children..three children that constantly grow- so we are always buying new clothes. Oh..and they eat like grown men. We've joked that we need to buy a whole cow..these boys easily eat 5 lbs of hamburger meat at one sitting..NO JOKE! Needless to say, I was stressed..just worrying about how we would come up with the money to purchase a new unit.

Back to the point I was trying to make.- I didn't go to church today. I let myself & my kids down- not to mention my church family, and most importantly, God. I chose to sit at home a worry about things that are totally out of my control. Worrying about things that I should've just turned over to God in the first place.
After dinner with my mother-in-law tonite, she gave Danny the number of a man that could put in a new air unit for us. We discussed the fact that it would cost us about $3,000. Talk about stress! I could pretty much feel my blood pressure rising. Anyhoo..when we came home, I said to Danny, "Honey, I think I'm gonna turn the air on to see if it works." His response, "Go ahead and try it. It will come on a run, but the fan outside WILL NOT work, therefore, the unit WILL NOT put out cold air!" So what do I do? I turn on the a/c. The unit started running. I gave Danny a look like, Hmmmm? Again, he said, "But the fan outside isn't working!". I went outside and guess what? IT WAS WORKING!!! After I came in and told him, he said, "It probably won't work for very long." I told him to stop being negative! After a few minutes of me praising God, OUT LOUD, we shut all of the windows. It's so cool in my house right now.

The point of my post is this: Even when we fail, God still loves us. He wants the best for us. All we have to do is be faithful and ask for what we need!
Tonite, I will go to bed a happy, peaceful woman. Nothing is gonna get me down now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment