Princess Lula-Belle Ray Stutts

Friday, April 8, 2011

Really? $10?

Lastnight, I witnessed something that I just couldn't believe. But before I tell you what it is, let me explain something to you!
I will refer to my children as 1, #2, & #3- not because I favor one over the other, but just using birth order.

Now..#1 is a great kid. He's a hard worker and always has been. He's been at his job for two years and has never missed a day. Starting at age 9, he learned to do his laundry..not ours, but his! He mows the yard when we ask him to..his only fault is that he refuses to clean his room. It looks as if SONIC literally threw up in there! There are Sonic cups, hamburger wrappers, FF boxes, & chicken dinner boxes EVERYWHERE! It's nothing to see Lula come out of there with a whole cheese stick in her mouth. That's why #1 is her favorite! For two years, I've griped- Didn't help. I've even told Danny- NO HELP AGAIN! A few weeks ago, Danny had to go into #1's room, & nearly DIED! So, what happens? #1 gets rid of the mess..????

Now on to #2 & #3..I've begged them to help out. I've made chore charts..I've promised them allowance & bribed them with video games, movies, etc. They ignore me! #2 has had the chore of keeping the trash taken out & making sure that the cans are out by the road every Thursday morning. He rarely does it, and if he does, we have to remind him. Lots of mornings the trash men have seen me in my gown- NO BRA!
Anyhoo..Danny taught #2 to mow the yard lastnight. Then he said this, "#2, if you will mow the yard once a week & keep up with your trash duties, I will give you $10 a week." You'd have thought it was Christmas. He mowed that yard and took out all of the trash..he even made a hand written chore list!! This morning, he stood patiently waiting on the trash truck to run so he could pull the trash cans back from the road...WHAT? SERIOUSLY? REALLY? $10?
I'm hoping this lasts!

#3, on the other hand, couldn't care less about earning money. He is the laziest of them all! He is content with the computer (he's Wikepedia obsessed), his western dvd's, his Beatles albums, his basketball & his guitar. But, his basketball got a huge gash in it yesterday..Wonder if he will clean a toilet???? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment